Thursday, December 22, 2005

Music is my Life

Music as we all know, is the food of life!

Have u ever imagined, if there weren't music in life.....what would life be? Well, I think there can be no life if there's no music....'cause for me...

Life itself is a SONG!

We all know the lyrics, but the tune is left to destiny!

Wow ! That was a beautiful thought...wasn't it? If you liked it...then I'd like to take the credit .... And if you didn't....then may be this blog wasn't meant for you...'cause all I'm gonna say here is how music became a part of my life...and continues to be so...

I don't remember the first song I heard in my life......but must've been the sweet lullaby of my mom.....possibly that's the reason why I can't still go to sleep without music.

During my childhood, whatever music I heard, was mostly the choice of others....my parents most of the times.....so all I heard as a kid were the Hindi Film songs....but those songs made such an impact, that I still like to hear them!

After that came the phase of Kishore Kumar and Baba Sehgal, thanks to my uncle who loved their music......

The first English song I liked, and after which I started listening to English music was the "Barbie Girl" by Aqua. I think I was around 12 or 13 that time and I still used to play with my dolls...so that's why I got interested in it. I used to spend hours watching MTV just to get a glimpse of this video....and in the process I got to hear even more English Songs.....the best amongst them was Backstreet's Back by Backstreet Boys. I managed to borrow these albums from my friend and after listening to BSB I just fell in love with them, "As Long As You Love Me" still continuing to be my favourite song.

The first time I ever bought a cassette on my own, as far as I can recollect was on my 14th B'Day......and ever since then..there's been no stopping.

My dad used to oppose my listening to western music, but somehow I just couldn't resist it....
So I spent all my pocket money in buying these cassettes secretly....it used to be a huge secret affair.....even my mom doesn't know about it.....

Meanwhile, I continued listening to Hindi music as well...that time the Indi POP scenario was at its best....I liked Lucky Ali, Shaan, Euphoria, Asha, Aryans, Shankar Mahadevan, Leslie Lewis, Shubha Mudgal etc....sorry I can't remember all....

So on all ocassions, my standard gift used to be an audio cassette....be it Raksha Bandhan, Bhai duj, Sindhara or even my B'day. Infact I used to gift cassettes to my bro on his b'day, even for my parent's anniversary and b'days..so basically....looking for a reason all the time ;) Ha Ha Ha

Then there was a slow down in the Indi Pop scenario, and the Hindi movie songs evolved....
My favourites were HDDCS, Taal, DCH, PKTDK, DDLJ, PMKK, APHG, KKHH, HDJPK, Refugee, Rules and the latest is SNT!

Are you confused with the abbreviations?

Ok, lemme elaborate! It goes like this... Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam, Dil Chahta Hai, Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Pyar Mein Kabhi Kabhi, Aur Pyar Ho Gaya, Har Dil Jo Pyar Karega, Socha Na Tha.

Do all these sound like the romantic types? Well that's what our Hindi Movies are about after all! But seriously......it's not only the romantic type of music that I like...infact, many times, it's only if the music can make me dance, that I will like it! My current favourite is AASMAA and the music on the show on Star One called "Remix". If you haven't heard it yet, do give it a try! I'm sure you'll just fall in love with the music!

So you see.....music is there in every part of our lives.....whether it be joy or sorrow, life or death, there's a song for everything.......and that's what is so adorable about music..... isn't it?


That's why I say "MUSIC IS MY LIFE"

I'd like to know your opinion about music and this post as well, hopefully I haven't bored you much....please do post your comments......

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well Shweta!
Nice start off!! Whew! I really didn't know tht u r so passionate abt music! Well hoping tht this passion continues...and hoping to read more of ur blog in near future...
Till then
Ciao,
N@d$

Anonymous said...

Well...
So I got to know about ur secret affair, that's no longer a secret. A very nice start! And that phrase was really a good one........So, keep floating with the muzic stream......

Your Pooja

Anonymous said...

phew....fnished reading

read only because u asked me to....

i guess u know who am i

Anonymous said...

So u 2 suffering from Music-mania ...
Gud One,

-VC

Anonymous said...

Oh Shweta! I just can't explain how great that piece of writing was?I can feel that because I am of the same opinion and it is for the same reason I myself persued singing as a hobby, let me give you a surprise. I am a B.Mu.( Graduate in Music in Hindustani Classical Music), but since I have lost touch, I am doing away with this little talent.But your account was an awe inspiritional one, seems I should start singing again.

Anonymous said...

So finally we got the replacement of Javed Akhtar and Sameer, Carry on...

yeah one more thing u seems to be a perfect phylosophist.... :-)

NN.

Anonymous said...

Hey Shweta.. A nice write up. I felt some music playing around while reading ur blog. I have learned a lot many things from ur blogs.. But tht's my secret affair ;)

Keep it up !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shweta!
This is Soniya Singh...i also love music a lot, people know me not because of my work or studies but for my voice and songs, i keep singing all the time. I loved all that, you have written, people walk english, talk english, sleep english but i walk with music, talk in music and everything in music, really if music would'nt have been, i would have gone mad...
See ya, bye..take care.